Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sour Cream Sugar Cookies



Sugar cookies have long since been a tradition in my house, especially at Christmas time. My favorite past time was getting to help my mother ice and decorate then entire counter full of beautiful cookies. As I have grown I have enjoyed carrying on this past time to my children and have even enjoyed getting together with my sister and her children and doing this together! It seems like quite a project but is always SO SO worth it. I love this recipe! It makes the most incredible soft cookies and (my sister will laugh) makes the "nicest" dough! I always double this so we have plenty for the holidays to share. They freeze really good as well! Enjoy!

1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
4 cups flour
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix and chill. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

Icing:

1/2 stick butter
1 oz. cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. milk/evaporated milk

Mix all three and add vanilla and evaporated milk.

Ingredients: shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt, flour, sour cream, baking soda, butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, evaporated milk

No comments:

Post a Comment