Monday, April 26, 2010

Shepherd's Pie



Here is a simple recipe of Shepherd's Pie that I found on kraftfoods.com. I made a couple minor changes so that my kids would like it. I actually add 8 ounces of Carrots and 8 ounces of Corn. I add an extra cup of potatoes since my kids think that is the best part. I do some morning prep and bake a couple potatoes prior to speed up the process.

1 lb. ground beef
2 cups hot mashed potatoes(I use 3 cups)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced (or use minced garlic out of the jar)
16 oz. frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1 cup beef gravy (I use 1 1/2 cups )

1 Brown meat in large skillet, season meat with dried onions and dried garlic; drain.
2 Mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheese, and garlic until well blended.
3 Combine meat, vegetables and gravy; spoon into 9-inch square baking dish.
4 Cover with potato mixture and remaining cheese. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 min. or until heated through. The last 4-5 minutes I put it on broil to brown the top.

Ingredients; ground beef, potatoes, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic, mixed vegetables, beef gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment